Are you looking for the best places to stay in the greater Fundy National Park area? We will cover campgrounds, motels, cottages, and Airbnb’s in and around West River, Alma, and Albert County. This radius is perfect for a visit to Fundy National Park, Hopewell Rocks, or Cape Enrage.
**There are even two local beaches in our area that are perfect for long walks when the tide is out. (Waterside Beach and Dennis Beach).
Here is our list of the top 10 places to stay in and around Fundy National Park.
1. West River Camping
We are starting right here in West River at our very own Glamping Campground, where we offer a more private and relaxed atmosphere than most campgrounds. Our washrooms are the cleanest you will find in Atlantic Canada (check reviews to confirm this) and we offer a variety of campsites that suit all types of campers.
Our pride and joy is our Jacob Boy boat rental which is an old fishing boat turned into an Airbnb accommodation. It was a lot of work, but it is perfect for families that want an experience they will never forget.
We also offer a Glamping cabin and two domes, all of which have their own private hot tub, Bell Tents, Rustic Cabins, and of course RV and tent sites.
We are the only campground/accommodation on Google in the area with roughly 180 reviews, 4.8/5 ratings, and many discuss what they loved about their stay.
Book Online: West River Camping
Call – 506-887-CAMP(2267)
2. Headquarters (fundy national park)
Most people that live in New Brunswick are used to staying inside Fundy National Park due to the low prices and knowing what to expect. Out of the several options inside Fundy National Park, Headquarters provides one of the most beautiful views of the Village of Alma from a public lookout inside the campground. It is situated very close to the Golf Course, Tennis Courts, Playground and Lawn Bowling, and is our top pick if you’re looking to have a family vacation without spending too much.
A few other notable campgrounds inside Fundy National Park are Point Wolfe, Chignecto, Cannontown, BackCountry, and Lakeview.
Book Online: Fundy National Park
Call – 1-877-737-3783
3. BroadLeaf Ranch
If you’re into Horseback riding this place is a must-stay. They have a horse ranch on-site where you can go on horseback with a guide for an additional fee.
There are a variety of sites including regular campsites, a Glamping Lighthouse, and Country Cabins.
Book Online: Website
Call – 506-882-2349
4. Ponderosa Pines CampgroundLocated on the Hopewell cape, Ponderosa Pines is a well-established campground with a warm and friendly vibe. Many New Brunswickers come back here time and time again. Many of the campsites are close to one another, but much like West River Camping, they pride themselves on having clean facilities. If you plan on visiting Hopewell Rocks, this is the closest campground. There are kayaks and small boats available and a variety of campsites, RV sites, and cabins. Book Online: Website Call – 1-800-822-8800
Motels, Cottages and Chalets
5. Captains Lookout CottagesIf you’re looking for a rustic cottage experience with cottages that will accommodate groups of 4,6, or 8, Captains Lookout Cottages has a beautiful option. They are located north of Cape Enrage. Their cottages are right next to each other so if you have a few groups of people looking to explore together this is a great option. Book Online: Website Call – 1-877-771-4440
6. Bayview Motel Chalets and RVLocated in Alma, New Brunswick, you can’t get much closer to Fundy National Park without staying right in the park. They offer a variety of options to accommodate visitors and campers on a budget. Book Online: Website Call – 1 855 366 0166
7. Captains innLocated in the heart of Alma, NB, you will be able to walk out of your room and be seconds from the Bay of Fundy. They have 8 rooms in total and have a 4.1 rating on Google Reviews. This is a great option if you’re sticking around Fundy National Park and want your own bathroom. Book Online: Website Call – (506) 887-2017
8. Fundy Highlands
Located inside Fundy National Park, we have the Fundy Highlands Motel and Chalets. These chalets have linens and towels included and high speed internet.
For those looking to not bring camping gear or need a last minute place to stay we recommend checking out the Fundy Highlands!
Book Online: Website
Call – 1-888-883-8639
9. Parkland Village Inn
Parkland Village Inn resides on Main St in Alma, NB. It’s main attraction besides the amazing view of the Bay of Fundy is the Tides Restaurant attached to the building.
If you’re looking for a 3.5 hotel stay with great food within a walk down the stairs, this may be the perfect spot for you!
Book Online: Website
Call – 1-866-668-4337
10. Hopewell Haven
Close to Hopewell Rocks, this Airbnb is truly one-of-a-kind. This is the most expensive option on our list but it does offer 1.5 baths and 3 bedroom and a stunning view over the Bay of Fundy. Our favourite part of this location is the outside seating area to relax.
Book Online: Hopewell Haven
BONUS – Jacob Boy and Glamping Cabin in West River
We have two units inside the West River Campground that are available on Airbnb or by calling us. All other units are available to book on our website or by calling.
Jacob Boy was an old fishing boat that we renovated into a family-based Airbnb. It can sleep up to 6 (2 adults and 4 kids) and has a hot tub, fire pit, and picnic table included. It has its own private 3-piece bath onboard, an original ship steering wheel that the kids love, and lots of room to play outside. You can view more photos inside and out at the Airbnb link below.
Our Glamping Cabin can sleep 4 adults or 2 adults & 4 children comfortably with 1 set of double bunks & 1 set of single bunks. It also has a kitchenette, a private fenced-in hot tub, and a full 3-piece bathroom.
These are both great options for families visiting Fundy National Park and want their stay to become an experience they will never forget. (We also have SUPERHOST status on Airbnb!).
Book Online: Jacob Boy Boat Rental
Book Online: Glamping Cabin
Call – 1-506-887-CAMP(2267)